Hi to all our subscribers!
Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy! You may have seen our last update on social media, stating we were pausing until April 1st. With the travel industry coming to a sudden halt, we needed to take some time to come up with the best path forward. Here’s what we’ve decided:
- We will only post deals with availability for late 2020 and next year.
- We will only provide booking instructions that direct you to book with the airline (no third-party booking sites to deal with).
- We will include the airline’s cancellation/change policy.
The most common question we get: Is it okay to book for travel?
- It’s tough to predict when we’ll be able to travel again, however it certainly appears unlikely in the next 3-4 months. For fall/winter and next year, perhaps yes, BUT as long as you’re aware of the risks. We’d also prioritize booking a domestic flight as international travel has a lot more complications and uncertainty attached to it.
- Some of the risks include borders being closed, travel restrictions still in place, mandatory quarantine, airline bankruptcies, flight schedule changes and airlines providing credits/vouchers instead of refunds for cancelled flights.
- On the bright side, we’ll see airlines offer historically low priced flights along with flexible change/cancellation policies.
In the meantime, we’ve been hard at work creating a better experience for you. This includes creating a brand new mobile app, one that is much more stable and smoother to use. Also, a new referral program which enables you to earn extra cash by referring us to your friends and family. More details to come shortly!
We’re here to help if you have any questions! Just reply back to this email.
Thank you again to each and every one of you for the support all these years and we look forward to finding those cheap flights for you!
Rishi & Farah
P.S To help those affected by the COVID-19, Next Departure has donated to Food Banks Canada. If you can, please consider doing the same. Donate here.